No Deposits! No Late/Disconnect Fees!
For members struggling with traditional payment options, VEA offers Pre-Paid Metering. Under this program, members can pay as finances allow, in the amounts they want. Instead of receiving a paper bill each month, usage is calculated and billed daily. Any active pre-paid member will never pay a late charge, disconnect or reconnect charge or a deposit. Pre-Paid metering accounts are self-managed so they fit any budget. Members can pre-pay for just enough energy to last until payday or they can pre-pay a balance to last several months. There is no deposit required to set up a Pre-Paid Metering account.
Current members may switch to a Pre-Paid Metering account by applying any outstanding deposit toward their balance. Pre-Paid Metering accounts do not receive monthly bills. If your Pre-paid Metering account balance falls below 5 days of estimated usage, you will be notified via e-mail. When the account balance drops to $0 the power will be shut off, but power can be re-energized by paying any outstanding balance and re-establishing the $25 minimum credit balance. Payments may be made online, over phone or in-person at VEA offices. An in-home energy usage monitor is available with a secured equipment deposit. You may also track your usage online.
- New members need $120 to start the program ($10 membership fee, $60 connect fee, & a $50 initial credit balance).
- Existing VEA members must pay their account current to the day they start the program. These members will still need the $50 beginning credit balance. Any existing deposit can be applied to the credit balance or returned.
- Members must sign a Pre-Paid Metering contract.
Automatic Payment Plan
No Checks! No Postage! No Fees! No Hassle!
Valley Electric Association has an AUTOMATIC PAYMENT PLAN, which makes it easy for members to pay monthly power bills. Under this plan--offered at no cost to members, VEA is authorized to automatically deduct the scheduled monthly payment from a bank account, credit or debit card on the due date.
You will still get a statement from VEA explaining how much power was used and the amount you were billed for that month. If at any time a member wants to discontinue the program, written notification must be provided to the cooperative.
- You must have a valid bank account.
- You must have adequate funds in the bank.
- A completed application (available below) either mailed to or dropped off at the VEA office.
Level Your Power Bills with the Balanced Payment Plan!
The BALANCED PAYMENT PLAN (Budget Billing) allow residential members to pay the same amount each month. The program is free and members may cancel at any time.
How it works:
- An average of the member’s power use over the previous 12 months is calculated. Using the 12-month billing history as a guide, VEA then estimates what the member’s bill will be for the next 12 months.
- The estimate is then divided into 11 equal payments, which are billed during the regular billing cycle. The twelfth month is then used to balance any shortfall of money to either the member or VEA.
- Depending on power usage, adjustments to a Balanced Payment Plan account may be made by the co-op at any time to more accurately reflect monthly power usage.
- Members must have lived at their present address for the past 12 months.
- A member must not have been disconnected for nonpayment during the last 24 months.
- A member cannot have received a late notice within the past 12 months.
- Members may enter the balanced payment plan at the beginning of any monthly billing period.
To sign up for this program, contact VEA at (775) 727-5312.